:!: Upon user registration, your account will be manually qualified by a member of the team. Unfortunately, this may take a few days. However, the process keeps the information here relevant and spam free so we thank you for your patients. You will be emailed once your account is ready to go.

Green Floor Boards

Flooring Products, Flooring Construction, their Green Flooring and sustainable construction implications
Steph

Green Floor Boards

Postby Steph » 08 Jan 2011, 17:37

Looking at the logistics of flooring is equally as important as a product that was manufactured as energy efficiently as possible. Reclaimed timber floorboards are
    1. Reuse which is a league above recycling
    2. Should have done as little transport miles as possible in its life time including you picking it up
    3. Older timbers would not have come from sustainable forests, so its reuse is even more important.
So i use http://www.mckayflooring.co.uk/shop/bro ... 4QodWj79Xw where possible. Find your own local timber merchant

Donny Berns

Re: Green Floor Boards

Postby Donny Berns » 08 Jan 2011, 17:43

Salvage organisations are another good bet for reclaiming old timbers but these usually have some historic merit so perhaps would only be useful as the finished article

Stoney

Re: Green Floor Boards

Postby Stoney » 12 Jan 2011, 02:38

Ha, I thought you actually meant Green as in the Colour! I wondered why you wanted a green floor :lol:

Return to “Green Flooring”